Pros Sharing Their Experience
Steve Adams is the bassist for the California jam band ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra). "Our hope today is for ALO to liberate our audience and us with our songs and jams."
We have asked celebrities in the music industry and related fields to tell us about themselves and why they support students creating music and art. You can e-mail them, and they can offer you their advice on everything from technique tips to music career strategies.
- Chloe Pang is a current student at the Julliard School, studying piano performance and has been performing since age ten.
- Chris Embree is the Tour Manager for national recording artists LUCE, and also has a background in filmmaking and videography.
- Cindy Blackman is a highly versatile drummer who has collaborated with many Jazz greats.
- Dann Friedman, is a tenor saxophonist plays with the popular east coast band Entrain, in addition to working for the non-profit organization Food For Free.
- Dave Ellis is a Jazz saxophonist who has recorded and played with his own group, as well as with the Grateful Dead reunion in the 90's.
- Dennis McNally is an author and served as publicist for Grateful Dead for 25 years.
- Dick Bright is founder and director of the big band SRO in San Francisco.
- Don Miggs is the frontman for the rock band MiGGs.
- Frederica "Flicka" von Stade, mezzo-soprano, is one of the great opera stars of our time.
- Mike Greensill and Wesla Whitfield are a husband-and-wife Jazz duo.
- Greg Lamboy is a San Francisco based singer, songwriter, guitarist, who writes about matters close to the heart and social conscience.
- Jake Heggie is a classical pianist and composer, best known for writing operas.
- Josh Roseman is a jazz trombonist and composer who is heavily involved in the improv scene in San Francisco and New York.
- Larry Batiste is a producer, vocalist, songwriter, publisher, instrumentalist, arranger, and educator.
- Lisa Vroman is a Broadway singer, best known for her role as Christine in The Phantom of the Opera.
- Max Perkoff is a Jazz trombonist and Pianist who performs in San Francisco.
- Michael Morgan is the conductor of the Oakland East Bay Symphony.
- Mike Kappus is a booking agent, manager, and founder of The Rosebud Agency.
- Raman Kia is the guitarist, singer and songwriter for the alternative rock group Buddahead.
- Sarine Balian is a vocalist and percussionist who performs with several San Francisco Bay area groups.
- Shelley Lazar is the President of SLO Limited, a boutique ticketing agency.
- Steve Adams is a member of the funk band Animal Liberation Orchestra.
- Taylor Eigsti is a Jazz pianist and teacher with the San Jose State Jazz Workshop.